I know all of you are rolling out the red carpet at your gym for all the happy people who have sworn to the high heavens that "this is their year", but I am not that excited. I'll play nice though.
My gym plan is pretty cyclical but I am always trying to incorporate something different to keep it exciting. And most recently, I became well acquainted with the stair-master (reference above torture machine), or I as I like to call it, the butt booster. We weren't that nice to each other from the get go, but now I can stand to be around her for more than 25 minutes! Ain't that swell? Something I also learned is that if you switch to side climbing, and make sure to work both sides, you are also targeting your hips (abductors and adductors for the smarties) -which is exactly where all my Christmas cookies went.
Tips on side climbing the stairmaster:
(I don't want any accidents here)
Turn sideways and cross one foot over the other, up the steps. Feet are now parallel with the stairs instead of perpendicular. Try working in increments (1 Min per side) to really feel the effects.
Since there are only two of these in my gym, mid-week workouts can get a wee bit competitive in trying to get a turn. I say, why don't you all retreat back to your SUPER FUN Zumba class and let me climb the stairs to a satisfied tooshie all by myself. Just sayin'...
On to happier thoughts...When I can't get to the gym, 3-4 weekly trips preferably, I at least try for some simple at home tricks. Just recently, I had an (energy efficient) light bulb moment to start g-o-o-g-l-i-n-g work out clips because that On Demand crap really doesn't work for me. The 10 minute leg clip below is one of my favorites and Dan was even sore for a couple of days on the first attempt (sorry Dan I need examples).
No comments:
Post a Comment